N & NW London Counselling
Safe, Confidential, Professional Service
BA psych, MBACP accred. UKRCP reg.
Welcome. I've created these pages to help you with some of your questions about counselling and how it works. I hope you find them useful.
Why more people are turning to counselling?
Everyone experiences distress – it’s a normal part of life – but some difficulties can feel too hard to manage alone. The importance of maintaining our physical health is widely understood. Naturally people are beginning to also see the importance of maintaining good emotional and mental health. So when problems interfere with our ability to function and enjoy life and when turning to family and friends for support it's not enough, professional help is sought.
When to seek counselling?
People choose to see a counsellor for many reasons, but usually because they are:
- Feeling low, sluggish, unmotivated or easily frustrated
- Frequently tense, on edge or worried about something
- Having difficulty in their relationships
- Grieving a recent loss or are struggling to let go of someone they lost a long time ago
- Experiencing a life change, like the arrival of a new baby, end of a career, end of a significant relationship
How does counselling help?
Working with a professional counsellor gives you time and space to explore, understand and address your difficulties. Insight gained from working in a safe, respectful environment can help you:
- Think more clearly and make better decisions
- Feel motivated, confident and at ease
- Establish and maintain better relationships
- Overcome bereavement
- Release your true potential
If you want to begin counselling it's important to find a therapist that you feel comfortable with. I offer initial appointments where we can meet and discuss what working together would be like – helping you make an informed choice.